The PFS's title ‘Chartered Financial Planner’ is a widely accepted 'gold standard' qualification for professional financial planners and financial advisers in the UK. By definition, holders of the Chartered Financial Planner qualification are among the most experienced and most qualified advisers in the profession. Of the approximately 22,000* regulated financial advisers in the UK, only about 5,300* are Chartered Financial Planners.
The ‘Chartered Wealth Manager’ Qualification is a postgraduate level specialist qualification which encompasses the breadth of knowledge needed to provide a highest quality service to clients. It is a progressive qualification comprised of three units, Financial Markets, Portfolio Construction Theory and Applied Wealth Management. It provides a sound grounding in economics and interpretation of economic statistics, financial statements, investment analysis, portfolio construction and applied wealth management. There are only about 2,000* members of the CISI who hold the ‘Chartered Wealth Manager’ designation.
It is very rare in the financial services industry to hold both designations.
My qualifications enable me to give advice on all types of investments, explain general trust and tax facts and information, and all aspects of pension planning from savings during your working life to drawing on your pension benefits, including advice at retirement. I can also give advice on life protection policies, estate planning and issues relating to inheritance tax, including intergenerational financial planning. Further, I can advise company directors on shareholder protection policies, tax-efficient pension planning and employee benefit schemes including auto-enrolment.
- J01 Personal Tax
- J04 Pension Funding Options
- Financial Planning Certificates 1, 2 & 3
- J05 Pension Income Options
- G10 Advanced Taxation and Trusts
- G20 Advanced Personal Investment Planning
- G30 Advanced Business Financial Planning
- AF3 Advanced Pension Planning
- AF5 Advanced Financial Planning Process
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC)
- Private Client Investment Advice Management (PCIAM)
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII): Chartered Financial Planner
- Personal Finance Society (PFS): Fellow of the PFS
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments (CISI): Chartered Wealth Manager, Chartered Fellow
*Figures taken from the CII and the CISI, as at end of 2017
At university I studied:
BSc (Hons), University of Edinburgh, Physiology, Class 2:1
MSc Neuroendocrinology, University of Oxford: “Rapid actions of 3 man-made xenoestrogens on the release of prolactin from anterior pituitary lactotrophs and vasopressin from magnocellular neurons in the supraoptic nucleus of the hypothalamus."